Search by part number
search by category
- OR -
Surface Mount Terminal Blocks
140-A-126-SMD 5.00 mm (0.197 in) Spacing - 2-12 poles Print this page
- 140-A-126-SMD is an elevator style 5 mm pitch terminal block suitable for SMT (surface mount technology) applications. Flat contact leads provide a large surface area for reliable solder joints. The solder retention devices (SMT anchors) provide high retention force for the terminal block to the PCB. The SMT anchors being mobile within the plastic housing (floating) they ensure a total adaptation to the planar variations of the PCB. This adds to the retention force of the connector to the PCB meanwhile eliminating the CTE (Coefficient of Thermal Expansion) mismatch. The most significant benefit of this design is the protection it provides to the solder joints against stresses encountered in field-installations.
Material will handle reflow temperatures well without deforming or melting. Product packaging is suitable to pick place automated assembly.
German Utility Patent 20 2005 014 667.6
- Rectangular flat leads
- Wire entrance parallel to PC Board
- Horizontal version
- Typical peel off forces: 30 kg on any devices (depending on soldering process)
Typical PCB retention force of anchoring elements against peel off force is 66 lbs (30 kg).
Center to Center Spacing: 5.000 mm (0.197 in)
Nominal Cross Section: 1.5 mm2 (2325 mils2)
Wire Stripping Length: 6.000 mm (0.236 in)
Bill of Materials
Molding : HT Polyamide, Self extinguishing UL 94, V-0
Color : Black
Temperature limits : Short Time : 260°C (500°F)
Continuous : 105°C (221°F)
Ambient Temp. Range (°C) : 0°C to 0°C
Temperature Limits : -40°C (-40°F) up to 150°C (302°F)
Comparative Tracking Index : CTI ≥ 600 V
Oxygen Index Rating : 35 %
Average weight per pole: 1.2 g
Screw: Slotted head, zinc plated blue passivated, steel substrate M3
Retention device: Tin plated copper alloy
Terminal Body: Nickel plated copper alloy
Current bar: Tin plated copper alloy
You can now convert one more component on your board to a genuine surface mount. You can increase packaging and component density, use both sides of the PCB, reduce and eliminate set-up costs and simplify and streamline your processes. This terminal block features an integrated pick area that allows this product to be picked-and-placed without any additional changes to your process. Its floating anchors (retention elements) compensate for irregularities (non planarity and bumps) on the printed circuit. Its floating anchors (retention elements) compensate for irregularities (non planarity and bumps) on the printed circuit board. The same feature eliminates CTE mismatch with the PCB and thus eliminates stresses on the anchor solder joints thus assuring a long life.
- RoHS WEEE Pb free surface compliant
- Consecutive Numbering
TYPE (Spacing)Current (A)Voltage (V)Application
5.0 mm10300B, D30-144.5 lbfin
5.0 mm15300B30-140.51 Nm
- *UL current rating 20A for factory wiring only.
International Approval Information
Rated Impulse Withstand Voltage : 2500 V