Financial Controller – Kirkland, Quebec
WECO Electrical Connectors Inc.
18050 Trans-Canada Highway,
Kirkland, QC, H9J 4A1 Canada
Are you an experienced accounting specialist who is committed to ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of your accounting function? Are you able to prioritize in the busiest times, while showing initiative in problem solving? Do you have the attention to detail to ensure accurate and high-quality work?
Are you a very autonomous person who can work very efficiently with minimal supervision, and who is not afraid to look for and find solutions when necessary while meeting tight deadlines?
If you are an accounting professional with solid background experience, autonomous, adaptable, flexible, and ready to take on the various challenges of this role, apply now and work for a company in pursuit of industry excellence!
Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Global Finance and Administration, the Financial Controller person will be assisting in all the scope of the accounting procedures going from accounts receivable and accounts payable functions to financial statements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General Accounting
- Bank Reconciliations
- Responsible for multi-currency bank account reconciliation.
- Monthly closing
- Processes and enters various journal entries.
- Prepares various schedules and reports.
- Maintains month-end files.
- Prepares the monthly Financial Statements for Canada.
- Year-End Audit
- Assist with year-end audit files.
- Prepare end-of-year financial documents for external audit
2) Accounts Payable
- Voucher Posting
- Creates vouchers by matching invoices with purchase orders in the ERP (Syteline).
- Codes invoices with proper G/L accounts.
- Credit Card statement reconciliation & process.
- Matches invoices and purchase orders in the ERP, (verifies information), creates vouchers.
- Maintains s/c vendor information and files.
- Cash Disbursements
- Prepares new Vendor files.
- Responsible for generating cheques, wires & EFT and all necessary reports.
- Responsible for all A/P filing and maintaining an orderly system.
- Accounts Receivable
- Prepares new Customer files.
- Process deposits via BMO scan.
- Enters and posts cash receipts in the ERP.
- Managing Petty cash fund.
- Filing of government reports (DAS, GST/QST).
- Assisting with ad hoc analysis, inquiries or research.
- University degree in accounting or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Effective communication skills – clear and concise communication across all levels in an organization.
- Interpersonal skills – effectively work as part of a team with customers and colleagues to identify needs and provide solutions in order to achieve client satisfaction.
- Autonomy - able to prioritize tasks, manage time and plan resources effectively.
- Professionalism, diplomacy, reliability– ability to work with others to provide quality support to internal and external clients.
- Organizational skills –ability to maintain complete and accurate records, detail oriented and possess an aptitude for speed and accuracy.
- Multi-tasking skills –ability to prioritize multiple tasks and a variable workload.
- Analytical skills –ability to analytically evaluate client requests versus business outcomes in collaboration with other colleagues.
- Strong Emotional Intelligence skills – ability to recognize and manage your emotions, and the emotions of other people, both individually and in groups.
- Experience with the complete cycle.
- Understanding of intercompany and multicurrency structures.
- Excellent command of the Office suite, especially Excel (v lookups, pivot tables, etc.).
- Knowledge of an ERP system, Syteline would be an asset.
- Experience in a manufacturing company would be an asset.
- Fluent in English and French.
- A flexible 40-hour work week schedule.
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and LTD benefits effective the first of the month following 3 months of continuous service.
- Possibility for portion of schedule in teleworking as per our policy.
- Events organized by social committee.
- An environment with casual but professional clothing, allowing jeans to be worn on Fridays.