Planner/Buyer Kirkland, Québec
WECO Electrical Connectors Inc.
18050 Trans-Canada Highway,
Kirkland, QC, H9J 4A1 Canada
An important part of WECO’s most valuable assets has always been our employees. We are always looking for high performing individuals who have what it takes to join the WECO team.
At the forefront of WECO’s tailored engineering solutions is a talented group of enterprising individuals equipped with the knowledge and experience to help our clients meet and exceed their objectives. Together we work relentlessly to deliver world class service and customized solutions to our clients, while continually enhancing our reputation as an industry leader.
WECO is currently looking for a talented Planner/Buyer to join our supply chain department.
Apply today and work with a company in pursuit of industry excellence!
Reporting directly to the Supply Chain and Production Director, the Planner/Buyer will coordinate the sourcing activities of raw materials and production supplies under his/her responsibility in accordance with production needs, while respecting company standards, policies and values. In addition, he/she will create the master production schedule of Finished Products, according to customer orders, forecasts, safety stock and inventory levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning and Inventory Control
- Planifier quotidiennement le plan de productionCréer le plan de production selon les besoins et la capacité de l'usine et maintenir le système à jourConduct regular analysis of inventory stocks to avoid out of stock items and minimize inventory write-offs
- Review the available production capacity and make the necessary adjustments to the production plan
- Create production plans in accordance with production needs and plant capacity while maintaining updates to the system
- Calculate optimal safety stock levels and re-order points to meet the needs of sales and maximize inventory turns
- Manage exceptional cases (urgent orders, out of stock, etc.)
- Maintain daily contact with the customer service team and the production supervisor to ensure that delivery dates are respected
- Manage material requirement as part of the introduction of new products with various internal clients (Production, R & D, Marketing)
Effectuer l'analyse régulière des stocks d'inventaire afin d'éviter toute rupture de stock et minimiser les radiations d'inventaire ;Procurement
- Plan and manage inventory of raw materials based on ABC classification
- Negotiate best price and lead time when contract not available
- Place, confirm, update and expedite purchase orders to meet production requirements
- Monitor On-Time delivery with suppliers and carriers
- Maintain relationships with suppliers and carriers
- Work in collaboration with sister company and strategic sourcing resources
- Work with Quality teams to resolve suppliers’ quality issues
- Find and qualify alternate suppliers
- Review parameters in the ERP system to optimize its use
- Participate in continuous improvement projects
- Responsible for office supply purchasing
- Other related tasks
- Act as an internal liaison with production, quality, engineering, sales & marketing, and finance departments
- Act as an external liaison with other WECO global divisions, local and overseas suppliers, and business partners
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Must have experience within a manufacturing environment
- University education preferably in operations management and/or supply chain and/or logistics
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of production planning and purchasing
- Comprehensive experience with ERP systems (Symix/Syteline would be an asset)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Bilingualism; strong verbal and written English and French
- Ability to lead change, and lead by example through demonstrating high standards of performance
- High level of adaptability to compose with a constantly changing business environment
- Ability to think ahead, be methodical and critically analyze data based on multiple variables
- Must be flexible to manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks and a variable workload
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy, and reliability; ability to work with others to provide quality support to internal and external clients
- Strong negotiation skills, good judgment, self-reliance, team spirit
- Excellent interpersonal skills; high emotional intelligence and winning attitude
- Team player with capability to work autonomously
- Competitive Compensation Package: WECO offers a competitive compensation package, along with a structured performance appraisal program that offers the possibility of annual increases tied to the achievement of WECO corporate and individual objectives.
- Group Benefits Program: WECO’s group benefits program with medical, dental, life insurance, ADD and LTD coverage as of the first of the month following 3 months of continuous service. WECO employees also have the option of contributing directly into our group RRSP plan offered through Sunlife.
- Career Growth: Working at WECO offers an exceptional opportunity to craft your professional future. As a vital part of our supply chain management team, you can look forward to an environment where your valuable skills are sought after. You’ll be empowered to make decisions as an important contributor to our objectives.
Our dedication to building a winning team begins with matching our employees’ strengths and skills to their individual personal development plan. This program aligns your aspirations for professional growth with a customized career path unique to WECO, including comprehensive training and coaching, as well as the mentorship of our global team.
At WECO, you can expect to grow into your full career potential. If you thrive on challenges and are seeking the satisfaction of making an impact in your workplace, join our team and take your career to the next level with WECO.
- High-Performance Corporate Culture: WECO offers an environment where your contributions are valued, appreciated, and highly visible. Our local and global management team is made up of leaders with coaching styles who are truly motivated to help you succeed. We seek innovative opportunities to celebrate and engage our employees.
Not only do we work hard, but we have fun doing it! At WECO, you can look forward to:
- Social Committee activities, including
- Monthly employee birthday celebrations
- International potluck lunches
- Annual WECO Days
- Annual Milestone Service Awards
- WECO’s Summer Hours program
- A business casual dress environment with casual jean Fridays
- Continuous employee feedback through regular connection meetings with Managers
- A high-performance corporate culture that embodies WECO values in practice, not just in theory
- A collaborative, family friendly atmosphere with rewarding challenges.
- On-Boarding Program: WECO offers a comprehensive new employee on-boarding program to ensure your successful integration. Our employee on-boarding process covers cross-functional departmental training, allowing new employees an exciting opportunity to get exposure to a broad range of business units, and see the big picture view of our organization.
- International Experience: As a global company who has been in business for 100 years, you can expect a unique international experience that celebrates multi-culturalism and diversity both locally and across our WECO sites in Germany, Mexico, Hong-Kong, China, Tunisia, and Brazil.
At WECO, we strive to uphold the core values that our company was originally built upon in 1921. Our values serve as a compass for our interactions with each other and our clients, and demonstrate our commitment to global leadership in innovation, insight, thought and action. We have chosen to adopt this set of guiding principles, and incorporate them in the way we value people, teams, and our business.
Customer Focus: We value creating long-lasting relationships with our clients through mutually beneficial partnerships. We make it our mission to provide client centric, world-class service.
Exceptional Leadership: We value leadership by example. Through the direction of our visionary executive management team, the combined strengths of our employees are now leveraged across the globe.
Accountability: We promote accountability at all levels. We each do our part in owning the client experience and delivering on our commitments.
Team Work: We share our wins and successes, working together towards common goals. We foster team building opportunities to create positive morale and collaboration. The synergy behind the united efforts of our employees is what makes WECO an industry leader and a great place to work.
Respect: We treat each other with respect, integrity and inclusivity. We pride ourselves in handling our interpersonal relationships at work with emotional intelligence.
Communication: We value communication and transparency, encourage open dialogue, and have the courage to have honest crucial conversations.
Empowerment: We empower our employees to become important contributors in our company’s mission and are committed to continuous learning and self-development.
Continuous Improvement: We embrace change. We have the agility to change our course of action when needed. We act with a sense of urgency and are in constant pursuit of discovering new innovative ways to improve our products, people, and operations.